Sunday 20 March 2016

Good timing / Bad timing - Life's little experiment]at[ions

So, I went for a drink last night and we were having a conversation about good and bad timing in life and about those things that fall upon you when you least expect it.

Back home, I kept rolling in my bed thinking whether there is any such thing as a 'good' or 'bad' timing or whether life is not just a question of taking everything as it comes and experimenting our feelings according to specific circumstances and events.Who cares about the good times and the bad times and the everything in between? The only lesson that I retain is that time flies and that I need to be the pilot who brings the vessel of my life where it needs to land.

I would never have pictured my life the way it is, yet I have never been happier. I consider myself lucky enough to be among the happy few to have touched base with that place where everything makes sense. I know it sounds a little pretentious but who cares?

Global warming, environmental issues, political upheavals, people's aggressiveness, migrants wandering around with no future, terrorist attacks, persecuted human beings, tortured children, indoctrinating religious forces, fear in all its forms...this is the planet on which I live. I am concerned yet unharmed, compassionate yet detached, helpful yet empathetic and I tell myself that if  I don't take a shot at being happy in this crazy, mad, insane era of humankind, how will I ever be able to make it safe?

I see the world as it is, with its worst and its best, I see people as they are, with their qualities and their defaults, I see circumstances as they are, with their good and their bad, I see time as it is, passing and asking not to be taken for granted. I know of people who are even afraid of being happy, as if it were inappropriate or indecent and I ask myself how can one ever understand life if incapable of being lighthearted? 

we live. we die.

and I am happy







No comments:

Post a Comment

Douze petites minutes

Quatre rues séparent ma maison de C hez Ram où trois pains maison chauds chauds  m'attendent tous les matins. Cinq minutes à pieds pour ...