Saturday 7 September 2019

Grief...

Monday 02nd September

4.30am: the phone rings and you hear the sobbing voice of your friend informing you that one of your besties is no more. It is the kind of information that your brain, your heart, your whole body cannot process rightaway so you just lie there in bed, face this abrupt void and let the tears to flow.

On Thursday, my life made perfect sense, by Monday I had no clue what it was all about anymore.

Valsha had both sides to her, she was lovely and raw, daring and traditional, the larger-than-life kind of person who walks into a room and immediately fills it up with charismatic presence. She would irritate you while making you laugh at the same time, she would voice out her opinion about just anything and when crossed she would start throwing tantrums at everyone as she would never settle for petty things.

We may not have seen eye to eye on all the time but the respect that Valsha and I showed towards each other grew stronger over the years and transformed into a real bond. I saw in her someone fierce who stood by her values and would openly reject any bullshit. She became disheartened by people she was close to and who disappointed her, so I can understand that she chose to move away from them. What else could one expect from someone whose benchmark was not to be trifled with?

I grieve the sad demise of a dear friend today and I shall carry the sound of her voice in my head and the memory of her passionate being in my heart. I will remember her as a daughter who loved her Maligaye unconditionally to the extent of building her a house and provide her with the 'respectability' she thought she had been deprived of during those years she was growing up. I will always remember her as that woman who valued friendship above everything.

I am not mad at life for having taken you away, Val. I simply choose to believe that you came to do your duty on this earth and even if you have left us behind grieving for some time, I will forever be grateful to life to have shared the experience of your friendship during precious and valuable years.




What a package you were my Valsha...
                                                              

3 comments:

  1. Whoever is born is bound to die. I have known her as a student, can never forget the respect she always showed to me. May she have a better rebirth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her straightforwardness is one of her biggest attributes according to me. It require guts and hard balls to say things as they are and as you think. Rest in peace beloved Valsha. Alvin

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have met and your freshness was the first thing that made me appreciate your frendship more. You were an untammed lioness and for me you will always be that. You made your way to our hearts so easily. Forever in my heart and will always look at the pictures i have of you with a smile. Your trip on earth ends here, but not your journey. Carry on my friend,carry on.
    Yannick

    ReplyDelete

Douze petites minutes

Quatre rues séparent ma maison de C hez Ram où trois pains maison chauds chauds  m'attendent tous les matins. Cinq minutes à pieds pour ...