Tuesday 22 December 2015

Sadness hits again

I visited Momonne yesterday. I came with her birthday gift and when I entered her room, she stared at me with an empty look instead of calling me by the nickname she had been using these past 32 years. In fact, she could hardly recognize me.

I was brought aside to be told me that Momonne had been diagnosed with hallucinations three weeks ago and that she now suffers mental illness. Dr. Lam says there is no hope for recovery and that she will be under medication for the rest of her days.

I went back in her room to hold her hand. She let go of it and that broke me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Douze petites minutes

Quatre rues séparent ma maison de C hez Ram où trois pains maison chauds chauds  m'attendent tous les matins. Cinq minutes à pieds pour ...