Tuesday 2 November 2021

Zahabia and Zulfiquar

Zulfi sent me the livestreaming link to his Rukhsati the other night. He finally made it, he finally tied the knot after years of back and forth and I can't tell how happy I am for my kindhearted, empathetic, genuine and generous friend who fully deserves the very best in life. He is the captain of a ship that will now serenely sail towards new and unexplored frontiers. More importantly, he has provided his parents with peace of mind. What more could one ask of a son?

Well, well, well, it seems that a few words of prose need to grace this page to celebrate the occasion. Let me get a shot at it.

To the newlyweds, Zahabia & Zulfiquar:

My duty towards them is fulfilled as this boat now sails to new shores
My duty towards her begins, She, the gentle ocean that will carry me through the storms
A traveler I have always been in this world where so many dawns opened into mornings
Yet, a new path is lit inside my timid heart by the guidance of her comforting presence
In this dwelling of ours, as the day draws to its end, now stands a door with a waiting behind it














 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Douze petites minutes

Quatre rues séparent ma maison de C hez Ram où trois pains maison chauds chauds  m'attendent tous les matins: cinq minutes à pieds pour ...