Sunday 21 August 2016

What to say when you talk to yourself

Vimla attended a haldi ceremony last evening. The girl's mum passed away during the ceremony and most guests had to leave to allow the family to mourn. On the eve of what is supposed to be a girl's most beautiful day, her wedding day, her mum passed away. Could this be any sadder?

I visited Prisyl home today and was surprised to learn that Tête de fion, her cat, is no more. We used to talk about Tête de fion all the time at the office, the ugliest cat with the ugliest character ever. He would allow anyone to pet him then all of a sudden would start biting and scratching. We had concluded that the cat suffered from bipolar disorders and recommended an appointment with a shrink. The hypothesis was that Tête de fion had had a troubled past. Maybe meowing it out on a couch would have helped. My personal opinion: he was simply pissed to have been given such a name. My poor left leg still remembers his claw shots.

This week I decided to have a serious talk with myself. I sat down at corner bakery in bagatelle with a cheese croissant and cardamom tea. You can't go wrong with those two items, especially if your mood is off. I was all set for some self ass-kicking. I had been complaining quite a few times about the fact that I had to deal with people around me changing for the worse. The same old question inevitably came up again: Do those I love need to get better in order for me to be happy? The answer is: of course not. This is utterly absurd and leads to the real question: Is there anything you can tell yourself that you are not already aware of anyway? Ahaa...

So, what do you say when you talk to yourself? Self-indulgence could be a good topic to start with. There is nothing better than simple-minded pleasures sprinkled and throwing away useless feelings of guilt.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Douze petites minutes

Quatre rues séparent ma maison de C hez Ram où trois pains maison chauds chauds  m'attendent tous les matins: cinq minutes à pieds pour ...