Saturday 22 October 2016

Guess who is coming to town? :)

So I managed to get my ticket to the A.R.Rahman concert for this coming december. 3500 tickets on sale since yesterday and the sold out is already announced for tomorrow. Lucky me!

I can hardly contain my excitement. Like millions around the world, I have been listening to his music since the mid-nineties and to me Rahman is the musician of new departures. His ability and talent in bridging the gap between carnatic music, using traditional south indian instruments, and modern sounds is an absolute feast for the ears. No wonder universal validity has been bestowed upon him for such insight and musical ingenuity. Et puis, il y a l'homme lui-même, one has to admit that he is the epitome of humility and simplicity, of softness and authenticity. This quest for bettering his soul  with clear-sighted earnestness through his raags and melodies simply illuminates his inner being and shows the character and depth of a person permeated with lofty idealism. If there is an elite in this world, A.R.Rahman is surely the maestro leading the parade.

I can't believe how blessed I am to get to watch him perform live with his 31 musicians. 2 hours of utter bliss. It is such a good life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Douze petites minutes

Quatre rues séparent ma maison de C hez Ram où trois pains maison chauds chauds  m'attendent tous les matins: cinq minutes à pieds pour ...