Friday 24 March 2017

Does 'paused development" sound sexier than "midlife crisis'?

So here I am, hitting straight the ugliest and most dreadful spot ever; midlife crisis. Somebody please save me from that uncomfortable feeling of looking back at those bygone decades while trying to look forward at the rest of my life. They had warned me all about it (by 'they' I mean those who have been there and the, much, younger ones who have no idea what this whole agony is about). Truth is, I did not want to pay attention to them, thinking I would get away with it with some wit and positivity. Had midlife crisis not come to fling a stone into my calm pond, I would be all up and about these days. Instead I am slowly losing my taste for adventure, my impulsiveness and gradually sinking into that grey area where you vaguely resemble that someone you used to be, asking yourself:  'Is it still okay to be me?...whatever that is...'

Given that emotional intelligence and richness of the soul are not taken into account when you are nailed down like this, swapping the term 'midlife crisis' to 'paused development' might be a good idea. It can be a ray of hope .You know you cannot go with the flow anymore and you have to relinquish the idea that your energy level is never going to be the same as before. It has to be used more intelligently and diligently. You cannot just go lay claim to everything. You've got to face it, at 44 time bends it all and you don't have the upperhand on the script anymore. Even the universe tends to be a bit indifferent to your demands. I guess being kind and gentle to yourself is all that is left to do to avoid a roiling mess.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Douze petites minutes

Quatre rues séparent ma maison de C hez Ram où trois pains maison chauds chauds  m'attendent tous les matins: cinq minutes à pieds pour ...