Friday 30 June 2017

Enjoying the illusion - A letter to the diva

Dear Vimla,

Would it be an overstatement if I said that this past year has been the most intense one of our respective lives? For different reasons. You witnessed your family fall apart and lost your 'home' and your friends. Those who were supposed to be on the forefront and support you simply walked away upon realizing that things were about to get messy. At the same time our paths crossed and we reacted similarly acknowledging the fact that everything happens for a reason. Today, I can't help but think that our story is very Paulo Coelhoesque: two persons at the crossroads of their lives come together and decide that no matter what happens, life is a merry-go-round which needs to be ridden. We also agree that over and above everything life is but an  illusion. We decided soon enough that each and every moment would matter and allowed ourselves to let go of our  fears.

You taught me to reconnect with nature and the simple pleasures of life. I taught you to reconstruct your self-confidence. You showed me to laugh at little nothings and I showed you to stop paying attention to pointless matters. Our positive vibes and energy are a natural match at so many levels that the mere thought of you makes me happy.  Today the greatest thing about that relationship of ours is that we can easily survive without each other. Experience has taught us that attachment only brings suffering. I left for New York for a couple of weeks and we carried on with our respective lives merrily. You will be leaving for Nepal for a couple of months, yet we both know that when we will meet again, we will have so many adventures to recount. I can listen to your stories for hours without ever getting tired and you can listen to my silly anecdotes with a smile on your face.

I am so happy to have gotten out of my old dreams to create new ones with you...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Douze petites minutes

Quatre rues séparent ma maison de C hez Ram où trois pains maison chauds chauds  m'attendent tous les matins. Cinq minutes à pieds pour ...