Monday 3 July 2017

Gopee's imagination is playing tricks on him

My hairdresser just came back from his holidays. He visited France and Mount Etna in Sicily. He spent one night in a château in Normandy and his lips turned purple with cold in Calais.  He was overwhelmed by his transit in Dubai and his description of what he saw is pretty exaggerated and funny.

1) Sa volcan la so cratere fer la moitié nou l'ile
2) Dubai so terminal prend dépi Curepipe ziska Port Louis
3) Avion la so lézel prend dépi La Louise ziska Rond Point St Jean

Even my imagination has its limits. I mean, how can the wings of an aircraft possibly be like1.5 km long, an airport terminal around 30 kms wide and the diameter of a crater stretch over 40 kms? Seriously, man!!!

I've been going to that hairdresser's salon for the past 25 years. It took him 30 minutes for a haircut back then. Now that I have gone increasingly bald, it takes him maximum 2 minutes to get me out of the chair. He is kind enough to compensate by chatting 10 extra minutes with me. After all, the time spent there does need to be worth every penny, right? I must say that his observation of world news is somewhat subjective and fascinating. For example he told me today that he thinks that Emmanuel Macron won the presidential election in France because he is good looking and that many youngsters who were not in age to vote persuaded their parents to vote for him as he is so very attractive. Now, if we had to vote for our ministers here based on their physical attributes, that would be something. We would be in such a fix...lol

This afternoon, my colleague Yoann asked those two tourists:
 - How are your holidays going? Are you on honeymoon?
- 'She is my daughter!' came the reply from the man who suddenly turned pale. The girl must have felt slightly insulted and I just could not resist laughing out loud at this clueless blooper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Douze petites minutes

Quatre rues séparent ma maison de C hez Ram où trois pains maison chauds chauds  m'attendent tous les matins: cinq minutes à pieds pour ...