Tuesday 11 July 2017

Love fell into me

Music is coming out of my heart these days, most of it melancholic. I realize I have even begun to wait for messages on my phone as expectantly as any teenager. This is very unlike me and I really don't know if I should consider it funny or weird.

I have been thinking a lot about the whole concept of romantic love lately. Like any regular human being, I always wanted to fall in love with hope that my story would end happily, but now after trying all the recipes in the book and getting the menus repeatedly overcooked, burnt and invariably ratés, I  have decided to quit once and for all. When you're no good at cooking, why bother becoming a chef? Those many years which all began hopeful and ended with the same dull disappointment are now gone for good.

How far have I come from my distant dreams! A bright-eyed, smiling guy from a middle-class family, living on a small island who would have fun at anything in the most natural manner. I had dreamed of so many things that are blurred now. All those encounters, each time thinking I was in love. To make matters worse, thinking they might have been in love with me only to wake up one day and realize that I had just been a holiday crush all my life. This awakening does not taste as bitter as it appears though. On the contrary, it is more sweet than sour. What do I dream of now, if anything? I am unafraid to find out.

I wanted to fall in love but instead love fell into me in the most unexpected way. It turns out to be the eye-opener I had been waiting for throughout my entire life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Douze petites minutes

Quatre rues séparent ma maison de C hez Ram où trois pains maison chauds chauds  m'attendent tous les matins: cinq minutes à pieds pour ...