Thursday 23 June 2016

Live to tell

I keep writing about sad things these days. That has to stop.

I visited my best friend at the hospital this afternoon.She is in a pitiful state and cannot even open her eyes or talk. I think she won't make it through the week-end. I decided to walk back home from the hospital and I had images of us laughing in my head all the way. Right now, as I am writing, I am playing Live to tell by Madonna which we used to listen to in 1986. It's a powerful ballad where down 30 seconds into the song the lyrics go I was not ready for the fall, too blind to see the writing on the wall, words which could not sound truer these days. I guess the truth is never far behind.

Well, my best friend is about to pass away and the world is going to be a very sad place without her smile.

In life, you will realize there is a role for everyone you meet. Some will test you, some will use you, some will love you and some will teach you. But the ones who are truly important are the ones who bring out the best in you. They are the rare and amazing people who remind you why it's worth it.

For now, I will have to gather all the courage I have left to write a eulogy.

I have got to stop writing about sad things.I have got to stop writing about sad things.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Douze petites minutes

Quatre rues séparent ma maison de C hez Ram où trois pains maison chauds chauds  m'attendent tous les matins. Cinq minutes à pieds pour ...