Friday 13 October 2017

Shhh! Don't say I was there...

Last saturday night I went out moving a few body parts with my peeps.Some call it dancing but I prefer to refer to it as a bodily expression of my aptitudes to fill space. I entered a hall where, for a second, I felt like an uninvited guest. The place was filled with 'la grande bourgeoisie d'Albion'  and upon realizing that the usual U.F.O that I am had crashed on planet 'je suis-tu es', I promptly decided that I would not be bothered. I decided to dance my ass off and have as much fun as possible until the band started hitting their first notes. Upon hearing the noises coming out from the instruments we couldn't but acknowledge that the band was about to screw our whole evening. The sound system which had certainly been tuned by a deaf person, left me and my beloved ones with internal auricular scars.You know that you have it all wrong when half way across that Boney M song, it suddenly strucks you that you have actually been dancing to an ABBA tune. How blasphemous! To make matters worse, the YMCA fell completely flat with a singer struggling to labor the crowd to mimic the alphabets in the air. In the end, you know it's better to leave the party when even the Grease medley can't seem to save the night.Tats actually found the right formula to recap the evening.She sent me a texto later on wittily reading : 'putain, it took me more time to remove my make make up than to dance' :)

That said, all the above is futile and secondary.What really mattered to me was the fact I had been able to gather the people I love the most around a table. They were all there at my request: Vim, Shaf, Tats, Bo, Sid and even Wills whose presence warmed my heart when he came over to say hello. How lucky I am to be able swim in the ocean of these creatures of their own unique breed. Clearly, I would not be the person I am had they not existed.There is a very specific portal to another dimension in my heart. I love opening it and getting lost in space and time with those I love the most. my peeps, my very own peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Douze petites minutes

Quatre rues séparent ma maison de C hez Ram où trois pains maison chauds chauds  m'attendent tous les matins: cinq minutes à pieds pour ...