Tuesday 2 October 2012


Dear Oscar,

The mot du jour is 'Limbo'.
My utter inability to think fresh and refashion my lifestyle has brought me to limbo and I am in bad need of an inspirational quote from you to get me out of there.
I always laugh at your 'I think that God in creating Man somewhat overestimated his ability' because I find this acutely funny and raw.

I should be in a happy place right now and provided I make the right choices, I might eventually end up there. For the moment, I am contented but how could this ever satisfy me? Every saint has a past and every sinner a future. Let me reshuffle these words and get this straight: Every sinner has a past and every saint a future. Pfeeew! sounds more reassuring but oh so boring!

In my heyday, I would have hoped to be as sarcastic and discerning as you but no one can match you in wit and having the last word. I yearn to read from you more and would like to fly to Ireland at least once in my lifetime to pay you a visit. I'll see how much I can save before you start again with your:
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination". The last word Oscar, always the last word...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Douze petites minutes

Quatre rues séparent ma maison de C hez Ram où trois pains maison chauds chauds  m'attendent tous les matins. Cinq minutes à pieds pour ...