Monday 20 September 2010

The Times They are a-changin'

The times they are a-changin' goes the song by Bob Dylan. When he scratches his six string and whispers: "and accept it that soon you'll be drenched to the bone", i start questioning myself:: is Bob referring to the cycle of life and impermanence or is the end of everything really close? actually, come to think about it, it happens everyday. Buddhists call it khuddaka marana, meaning 'small death'. It takes place when something makes way for another; the sunset makes way for the evening, night makes way for sunrise and the dawn of a new day.
I, myself, continuously have to reassess my own self (and ego) through the eyes of those i am in contact with every single day. when i pull the blanket at night, somewhere deep into my conscience a few thoughts crop up. The range is much too wide. It goes from " Fuck, I should have told her that? Why didn't I speak up?" to "Bien bon! Mo kontan mone réssi kass so la guele." Truth is, there is nothing more annoying than this uncomfortable sense of what I should have done and said versus what i actually do and say. I can feel petty or happy but where do I really stand? Intentions lead to thoughts which in turn lead to actions...the basics of buddhist philosophy.
How long will it take until I start converting right thoughts into right speech and actions? Well, I better get starting or else I'll soon be "drenched to the bone".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Douze petites minutes

Quatre rues séparent ma maison de C hez Ram où trois pains maison chauds chauds  m'attendent tous les matins: cinq minutes à pieds pour ...