Thursday 18 February 2016

Cruise Control Mode

So, I spent four hours at hospital on Valentine's day with mum doing some tests as she was feeling unwell. She is suffering from dehydration due to the heat and high rate of humidity and she should be okay provided she drinks lots of water and feeds herself properly.
As I was sitting on the bench, I entered into a conversation about the weather with the man next to me. The nurse came and started calling out for the patients and I smiled when I realized that the guy's name was Cupidon. Of all the couples celebrating Valentine's day around the globe, there I was, the luckiest bastard of all, chatting with cupid en personne. Is there any sign to be read there? ....I wish ;)

Sunday went by with me watching The Danish Girl, a tale of unconditional love with a ravishing Alicia Vikander who swept me off my feet. Swedish actresses, I believe, have a presence on screen which simply cannot go unnoticed. As far I as can remember, I have always loved Bergman and thought of her as a quintessence of beauty just like Hepburn was that of grace and elegance.Vikander today in the skin of Gerda took me by storm with the strength of character she portrayed, That woman was love personified  in a most intense form.Redmayne was his usual good but Vikander, oh my...

Although I have loads of work awaiting me, I am in cruise control mode these days. There is a small dental clinic which has opened opposite my house recently. At night it is empty with the exception of the watchman who puts on the radio and tunes in an indian channel playing old hindi songs. It conveys a feeling of warmth and safety that brings me back to my childhood days. The volume is soft and fills up the street with a background music where the melodious voice of Lataji directed by R.D Burman challenges that of Kishoreji. The smell of cinammon and cardamom emanates from the kitchen and titillates my olfactory senses, Sid's room vibrates with his trans music and I sit by the window watching the stars walk their way in the early evening sky. The whole vicinity is filled with serene and positive energy and I unpretentiously and quietly find my place in the universe as I fully understand the feeling of Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Douze petites minutes

Quatre rues séparent ma maison de C hez Ram où trois pains maison chauds chauds  m'attendent tous les matins: cinq minutes à pieds pour ...