Sunday 6 September 2015

End of a 16 year chapter

Today I took out from a drawer a diary which I had started in 1999. I realised that there were only 02 pages left for me to finish it off so I started going through the older pages and I came across names like Lovena, Marguerite, Leckraz, Rakesh, Ryan and those of some other persons I hardly remember along the years.
Lovena and I had a fling 18 years ago, then she got married to that flight attendant and completely disappeared from the scene, only to call me 5-6 years later when things started getting rocky in her marriage. As for Marguerite, she passed away in 2007, which marked the end of an era; that of childhood memories.
I also wrote about my brother receiving the Jean Fanchette award and how proud we were. At that time I had not met Shafeeq yet and Hash and I were still close friends.

A few words from this 16 year old diary which have retained my attention:

Monday 04.01.99 to Sunday 06.09.2015
  • La dimension de l'émotion
  • I used to be in love with the image I projected of myself
  • Let's think practical!
  • Il fait soleil dans mon être aujourd'hui
  • I want to explode like a supernova
  • I am lovecentric
  • Luck/Faith/Travel/Enthusiasm, yeah, yeah, yeah...
  • I am too blessed to be stressed
  • My life? A blank sheet which I need to fill everyday
  • Am I right?Am I wrong? Or is the lens I am looking through simply blurred?
  • Parents want their children to be happy- what if they already are?
  • The souvenir of Syed makes me happy, seeing Shaf living his life at his pace makes me happy
  • Le cynisme serait-il l'enfant pauvre de la dépression?
  • 25th June 2009: this year dad passed away, I am facing a severe drawback at work, mum had to undergo painful surgery, there has been the end of a beautiful friendship, my sentimental relationship is in the middle of an earthquake. How am I surviving all this? I have no fucking idea
  • La seule constante, la seule vérité: tout n'est qu'impermanence
  • Voilà! Je me suis déprogrammé. plus aucun risque de 'crash' dans mon coeur désormais
  • How spiritually evolved am I?
  • Je ne m'en fais pas pour autant, sachant que je suis aussi le miroir de l'autre
  • J'écris afin de ne pas oublier qui je suis
  • Le seul moyen d'avancer dans la vie est de lâcher prise
  • Libéré de cette surcharge d'émotions
  • L'humanité se brise un peu plus chaque jour. Je vois les enfants se faire massacrer en Palestine et cette image provoque en moi un haut-le-coeur. Le monde est fou. Qui condamne qui?
  • Les hommes s'occupent tellement de religion qu'il leur arrive d'en oublier Dieu
  • To pay all the loans and mortgages of the family...
  • Comprendre la vérité des gens et en sortir du bonheur, chaque moment est un acte de délectation.
  • Prévert me manque.
  • I need substance / Aie confiance.Sois patient.
  • Dawn of my life or dusk?
  • C'est horrible de réaliser qu'on me trouve 'sympathique'. Il n'y a pas plus fadasse comme mot. Quelle condescendence! 
  • Choice - Chance - Change: the winning trio
  • Mes souvenirs intellectuels, ma charité immorale, et cette jouissance que j'éprouve à faire la leçon aux autres = intelligence émotionnelle? What the fuck??? I got it all wrong, again!
  • Qu'en penserait Malcom s'il était encore là? La mémoire a cinq portes d'entrée: les cinq sens; et une unique porte de sortie: l'imagination





No comments:

Post a Comment

Douze petites minutes

Quatre rues séparent ma maison de C hez Ram où trois pains maison chauds chauds  m'attendent tous les matins: cinq minutes à pieds pour ...